The Cybershape family welcomes a new member! It’s the new Cybershape Carbon CWT Truls Edition – a blade with the same superior characteristics as the Cybershape Carbon CWT, but this time, it’s been developed in cooperation with Truls Möregårdh. The result is an upgraded design and specific weights of 3, 6, and 9 grams that are named for Truls’s three favourite shots: his chop block, backhand push, and forehand slap. The weights are easily attached to the bottom of your bat thanks to magnets inside the handle. This allows you to tailor your bat and find the perfect characteristics for your own play.
The Cybershape Carbon CWT Truls Edition is a 5+2-ply blade based on CCF technology (Close Core Fibre), which means that the carbon-fibre layer is applied directly on top of the wood core. This gives you more control while you also benefit from the carbon-fibre speed. The lightweight, technologically advanced carbon fibre also gives the blade more speed without sacrificing balance.
Research has shown that the optimal hitting surface is located on the upper half of the blade. As with our other Cybershape blades, therefore, the hitting surface and sweet spot are larger on the upper half and somewhat smaller on the lower half, thus maintaining the blade’s balance. This innovation has two advantages: the optimal hitting surface is now larger, but the centre of gravity has not shifted upward on the blade. The higher sweet spot also provides a more stable impact and more powerful shots without loss of control. In other words, this unique shape is not just a matter of looks – it gives the player specific advantages that can’t be achieved with traditionally shaped blades.
Adjust the balance point to your playing needs
Playing style, previous experience, and weight of the rubbers mean that preferences vary greatly from player to player. In addition, rubber weights vary, so it’s possible to adapt the blade weight with magnetic weights – thus allowing you to adjust and find the perfect balance. A lower total weight is suitable for players who stay close to the table and prefer faster play. Increased weight brings more kinetic energy, resulting in more powerful shots.
- Offensive table-tennis blade with the Cybershape registered design and STIGA CWT.
- Adjust the weight and balance of your blade using the included weights in 3, 6, and 9 grams.
- Developed in cooperation with vice-world champion Truls Möregårdh.
- Specially designed weights for Truls’s three favourite shots: the chop, push, and slap.
- Higher, larger sweet spot than those found in traditionally shaped blades gives you more power in your shots without loss of control.
- CCF technology, in which the carbon fibre is applied directly to the wood core, provides a softer touch and increased control.
- Unique lens and printed, gold-coloured design featuring Truls’s characteristic victory stance on the blade.
- Delivered in exclusive packaging, along with a fan card picturing Truls.